Question Asus Turbo GTX 1070, No Video Output

dbsanders

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
I got this card for free and hoping I can make it work! I can boot with the motherboard video as primary, and I can see that the GTX1070 card is recognized in the BIOS and in Windows. So the card is powering on, fan moving, and its LEDs are on. However, when I switch video back to PCI-E in the BIOS and boot, there is no video at all.

So far, I have disassembled thoroughly cleaned all components and contacts with alcohol and q-tips. Inspected all components, no signs of damage/burning. Applied new thermal paste and re-assembled. No change, still no video output.

Computer repair shops don't do this board-level electronics work it seems, and don't know how to proceed, except to buy a new card which expensive and hard to source right now.

dbsanders

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
Did you install drivers ? What about GPU z ?
Yes, I did try to install updated drivers, but Windows would crash during install. No video even during BIOS though, so I don't think Windows drivers would be an issue yet. I haven't tried GPUz, but I can. What will that tell me? Thanks!

dbsanders

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
My guess is your free 1070 is a dead GPU. Tbh, you got it for free, didn't you?
Yes, something on the card is "dead", but might be able to be repaired. 99% of the other components on the card are likely good. With more diagnostic knowledge and some micro-soldering, it should be possible.

dbsanders

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
If you were able to do that then i guess you would of fixed it then. Just throw in the dumpster
When your car breaks down, do you just leave it and go buy a new one? How about a $400 watch? Would you try to find someone that could fix it, or just throw it in a dumpster because you cannot?

sydneyblue203

Distinguished
When your car breaks down, do you just leave it and go buy a new one? How about a $400 watch? Would you try to find someone that could fix it, or just throw it in a dumpster because you cannot?
A car which cost alot of money and is required in my country vs a Free graphics card which is worth nothing broken. If you could fix it you would have. If you cant fix the GPU then it cost you money to fists diagnose then to fix which could cost more then its worth

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS