TonyCa

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Don't mean to jack the article, but more pictures and boards here:
http://www.thinkcomputers.org/asuss-entire-z87-lineup-unveiled/

senkyen

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Aesthetically I like the blue heatsinks of the current generation much more then this new pale yellow ones (not that it matter particularly as you don't really look at your mobo very often), but bigger heatsinks are always a plus if they are not too big and create problems with installing some beefier hardware.

ccovemaker

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
The new gold look is lame but if I am reading that right having that stupid heat and dust collecting armor of the TUF series board as an option instead of a must is great.
Ohh a Gryphon Z87 and a Corsair 350D,,, Umm the wheels are starting to turn in my head. Uber m-ATX rig.

Kand

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
look at those things that are faking gold...so ugly
ASUS really screwed up this year with DELUXE motherboards

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
In your article all of the IV model references should read VI....just a heads up. You can clearly see on the ROG board that it is Maximus VI Hero

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I wish they had HDMI-In. Do they have HDMI-In? I wish they had HDMI-In.
I hate the gold look but only because there are so few gold components on the market to match. A case with matching details would change my mind on the design quickly, though. My guess is that they went with gold to separate this line from the bluish / greenish low-end mbs on the market.
"a Gryphon Z87 and a Corsair 350D" A lot of case for that micro-ATX board. What gets my juices going is the thought of pairing it with a BitFenix Prodigy and having a roomy case that also serves as an ottoman.

lp231

Splendid

Sabertooth Z87 has right angle USB 3 headers
2yo1ul4.jpg

G

lol at typo IV must be VI
personly im keeping up to date to build new pc
im still undesided between the extreme or deluxe
deluxe seems to have better cooler sinks but its sayed that extreme is better for overclocking .money or fashion isnt an issious
but it gona be hard to decide

As a Georgia Tech alumnus, I've always been a little sickened by the vast number of high-tech items using red and black as their color scheme; University of Georgia farmboys have a hard time recognizing high tech, never mind actually using it. The gold on these boards could be the inspiration for a great Ramblin' Wreck-themed build.

ccovemaker

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012

A Gyphon z87 in a Corsiar 350D I believe is what I was going for. The BitFenix Prodigy is a m-ITX case, smaller still. I would never need one of the full towers with 13 3.5 drives slots but 5 slot m-ATX case and high end m-ATX motherboard would still let me run dual SLI.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
am i the only 1 that likes black and gold? Of course there was no picture of the mini itx board. My next build is going to be mini-itx. that form factor has come such a long way and with asus additional VRM vertical board to give it power delivery that rivals ATX boards it can even overclock like the big boys. I think most gamers should all switch to mini itx unless you need pci-e slots for something other than just 1 gpu. That bitfenix prodigy really lets u goto town with mini itx. Can fit 2x 240mm rads. Have the water go from cpu to the motherboard chipset and vrms to 240mm rad to gpu to 2nd 240mm rad then back to cpu with a very strong pump. You will have that prodigy smokin the competition.

tom_dobro

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
I don't know if I'm being ignorant but are the ROG boards supposed to be "Maximus IV..." again? I thought that had already been released the generation before last, like the current one is "Maximus V..." shouldn't these be "Maximus VI..." not "Maximus IV..."? Why are they going back down to IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.