Asus Unveils ROG GTX 770 Poseidon with Hybrid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I think it would be pretty cool if more cards started to be made this way; with optional water cooling ability. I have a custom loop cooling my cpu, but i dont want to void my graphics card's warranty by taking off the stock cooler to add a water block.
The more choices the better!

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
fucking epic, i can totally c a build for this in my future projects. you smack 2 cards in one small chassi, drill 4 holes out from the chassi with self sealing coupling. so you can get a big hulking water cooling/pump out side the computer. and when you need to move to a friend. you simply detach the couplings they seal them self and down clock all gpu/cpu for normal and light air cooling.

it's very interesting. I hope it doesn't at all compromise the performance benefit of a full liquid loop, and in fact, complement it. in a way, the air-cooling component's like an extra rad to your loop without the extra space. I'd be every interested in getting these poseidon cards if they're priced correctly

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Asus hasn't released the normal GTX770 because its the same damn card as the GTX680. They have to 1 up the GTX680, if not then the people with the GTX680 can match the overclocks of the GTX770s. I know i sure as hell have. 1301Mhz core, 7500Memory of both of my Asus GTX680s on air. Bios 80.04.09.00.0f
anyone not able to hit atleast 1275Mhz on a factory GTX680 has a HUGE cooling issue. buy a better case with a GPU door fan or something. spend some money before you decide to overclock your $80 space heater case

Genzo

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Well a good move from Asus. If they would also make for AMD Radeon 9000 Series would be nice! Im like gonna use a stock cooler for the cpu first then get enough money for watercooling loop. Well EVGA has the hydrocopper series for watercooling but i dont know if they have also an air cooling. But ASUS Poseidon is a WORTH to buy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.