Asus USB N53 Windows 10 driver?

kronen88

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
I have been searching for a while and still no success.

I dont have a disc drive so i cant use the cd provided.
I have checked the Asus website and can't find a windows 10 driver.
I tried windows 8 drivers and they dont seem to work either.

Still have this wifi adapter showing as unknown device.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks.

Solution
Try the drivers from mediatek they make the RT3572 chip that device uses. Not way to be sure if it will work but generally as long as you match the chipset it really doesn't matter whose name is on the plastic on the outside.

http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/

kronen88

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
So after hours and hours of trying to get this adapter to work with windows 10, I have done it.
BUT i can only use 2.4ghz - whenever i attempt to connect to 5ghz it connects but i get `no internet access`

Really considering sending this back at this rate.
Hopefully someone has a quick fix for this?

Try the drivers from mediatek they make the RT3572 chip that device uses. Not way to be sure if it will work but generally as long as you match the chipset it really doesn't matter whose name is on the plastic on the outside.

http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/

Solution
May 25, 2019
i know i'm a little late to this thread but those drivers don't exist in a win 10 compatible format because when this chipset was developed windows 10 didn't exist hence why I am having the same problems later when win 10 release it looks like ASUS release a new version of the
Asus USB N53
Known as the...
Asus USB N53 B1

which appears to only have one difference... that when you go on asus the B1 has drivers for windows 10... now it's 2019 I am looking at a dual antennae receiver with 1.2Gb/s maximum receive of course my internet is only 40mb/s but this is good for the future when the new copper wiring has finally been installed for our village then we can

get fibre max but it's gonna be at least half a year before they've done as allot of the wiring running internet on the landlines out here runs under the side of the road. by then there will probably be a 100mb broadband package (sky's broadband feels like it kinda sucks)

If I wasn't ill and could look after myself i'd move out of my parents house and get my own broadband cause all they care about is the tv packages and rarely use the internet unless it's for shopping or Facebook (where as I am a heavy gamer who wants to stream i'm having to get a new receiver cause without a good driver this one is unstable and keeps dropping to less than 10mb/s and mediatek one doesn't support W10 either it says W7 in the driver download name)