asus utility says that the network is disconnected

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

follow up to microsoft.public.win2000.networking

"Wireless Settings Utility
=========================

No device was found because the network was disconnected.
Please connect the network, then try again.

ok."

is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
the cd, or from the download.

I downloaded the utility from
<http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
for the

<http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>

I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.

Can the utility be made to work, somehow?

thanks,

Thufir

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

You might try asking here.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<hawat.thufir@gmail.com> wrote:
| follow up to microsoft.public.win2000.networking
|
| "Wireless Settings Utility
| =========================
|
| No device was found because the network was disconnected.
| Please connect the network, then try again.
|
| ok."
|
| is the error message I get from running the asus utility, either off of
| the cd, or from the download.
|
| I downloaded the utility from

<http://support.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-330g&Type=Latest>
| for the
|
| <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/overview.htm>
|
| I'd like to configure this adapter with the utility, if possible.
| Previously I succesfully used the utility to configure the adapter.
| Everything runs fine under linux, in a dual-boot.
|
| Can the utility be made to work, somehow?
|

| thanks,
|
| Thufir

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:
> Dave Patrick wrote:
> > You might try asking here.
> >
> > http://vip.asus.com/forum/index.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
>

> ok, I did that.
>

> -Thufir

heh, hit the reset button and got the wl-33g working on a different
computer running windows 2000 :)

so, I at least know that the wl-330g works under windows 2000. as of a
few minutes ago it wasn't working on the dual boot system, though :(

I'll double check that a bit later, can't deal with it at the moment.

thanks,

Thufir