Question Asus UX303 power button not working

Jan 4, 2021
I apparently broke my keyboard from blowdrying it so swapped it for my spare. Problem is the power button does not work. If I remove the internal components, put them back in and plug the ac in, the laptop boots up automatically. However the power key won't even shut it down etc And if I try turning it on without the power cord trick, it doesn't do anything. I have a video interview in the AM and am worried I won't be able to get my laptop to turn on. Could someone advise me? It seems odd that the power button would randomly stop working. I have fully taken it out and cleaned it, I did try and drain my battery of power last night, and to discharge static with the battery unplugged, no luck. Please advise. Asus UX303UA

Lutfij

Titan
The power button on that laptop is integrated into the keyboard/palm rest so if the issue is with the power button then the keyboard is also faulty. Does the old keyboard's power button still work? As for your imminent work, you will need to work with the power brick for the time being. As for your issue, I think it'll need more than just a few hours with a stress free mind to diagnose(on your end). I'm guessing that either the keyboard is bad/faulty or that the keyboard wasn't connected the right way to the laptop or you might have debris impeding the power button.

Jan 4, 2021
I don't think the old keyboard works, the power button doesn't. I used the same trick to turn it on. When I go to type my password capslock freezes after I hit the first one or two keys and I cant type anything more. With the one I am using now (the spare one) I can use the other keys just fine. I am going to see if I can change another key to be a startup in the bios and maybe look into seeing if some sort of local repairman can fix the keyboard since there's no spares online.