ASUS V8200 Deluxe Geforce 3

G

Greetings all!
I picked up an ASUS V8200 Deluxe video card yesterday to replace my ancient Canopus Spectra 2500 16mb TNT card. Do u think I made a wise choice? I have heard a new Geforce 3 version will be out in a months time. Should I return the card and wait for the new version or until the price drops? One month's wait is acceptable if it will mean the v8200 will be obsolete or have it's price greatly reduced. ANy input appreciated!

Frocer

Distinguished
May 28, 2001
I have an Asus V8200 myself, I love it. It's the fastest GF3 on the market (not by much, but Asus's own design stands out from others). I haven't heard about the "new" GF3 yet, but I wouldn't return it. GF3 is already too advance to today's games, games like Doom 3 that would show GF3's true power probably won't come out until the end of 2002, and I am expecting GF3 to last for at least 4-5 years.

Radeon II's TruForm technology sounds awesome, but personally I would wait for nVidia to develop a similar technology, since nVidia is known for speed. And the 3DFX/nVidia combo card should be pretty nice too =) BUT.. that's the future ;)

TRENDING THREADS