Asus V8200 Deluxe or a GeForce 3 TI 500

G

Hi guys,
I am building a gaming system and I am still undecided on what graphics board to go with. An Asus V8200 Deluxe 64mb DDR or a GeForce 3 TI 500 by Gigabyte or Asus. I am going to be putting this into an Intel P4 1.8 with a DDR mobo. Something with a Sis, Via or Intel chipset. (Just read some good articles at 3D Chipset & VR-Zone). 2 WD 80GB 7200 rpm hdd & a ton of RAM. 2 burners, Plex 24X & HP9900I DVD combo. I will want a board that will give a good output to the tv for when the DVD's are played. I did give several Radeon's a good looking at but gaming is more important. Some games played = QIII, Unreal Tournament, Serious Sam, Red Faction, Flash Point, Half Life, Max Payne....
So what do you think? What card will rock the world? Cost does not matter as I am buying 1
Thanks for the input!!!!

What do you mean the lights dim when I turn on the computer honey?

G

Thanks, yes I do know that the Ti 500 core & memory speed are both a little bit faster. The GeForce3 though I think has better TV out capabilites. The difference between the 2 boards are so slight that I think it is pretty much "6 of 1, half dozen of the other". Do you all agree?

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
If you get an asus deluxe you will get excellent input and output options, and an acceptable bundle of software to utilize the connectors.
It doesnt matter which model you get (ti200, GF3, ti500) you get the same bundle and the same connectors.

I don't know about the difference between the GPU's abilities (if there is one) to handle video in/out. I'm just talking about the physical differences.

-- There are no answers to find in the bottom of a glass. But you can have fun looking for them.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I have the V8200 (bought in summer) and love it. I have it pretty overclocked and the video-out looks as good as my friends Xbox....I wish there was a way to to be able to play at resolutions greater than 800x600 or whatever that is. I think that's just a crummy TV limitation though. It's still mint though and opened a whole new world of PC gaming on the couch on the surround TV system.

<i>"I am what I am"</i>

G

@ p05esto.... Does that mean that even though I have a 27 inch TV. The DVD-AVI-MPE-MPEG-MOV type videos/movies I watch on the PC monitor will still only be about 8 inches square on a TV also??
That really sort off stinks.

Does anybody know how to get a down loaded video/movie to play full size on a 27 inch TV with a Asus V8200 Deluxe or a GeForce 3 TI 500 with TV out capabilities? If so, what card and program?
Thanks!!!

TRENDING THREADS