ASUS V9480 driver

Hello,

What is a good driver for an ASUS Geforce4Ti4800 (V9480) card?

I hesistate to upgrade to the newer drivers because I'm worried that they
may optimized for the FX cards and not for the older cards.

Cheers,

YM

___________________________
"Modern literature masterpieces"
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail64.html

I have a PIII 800 intel system, Asus cuv4x 4agp motherboard, 520+mb ram,
Asus Geforce4Ti 128mb card, SB Live card, 40G HD 7200rpm 8mb cache,
15inch Sony trinitron monitor, T1 connection.

I am running Win2K latest patches and upgrades done. The system is stable
and never suffers from BSOD.

I am playing Homeworld2 but the sound crackles ....

"Yau-ming" <nospamto_sniper968@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a PIII 800 intel system, Asus cuv4x 4agp motherboard, 520+mb ram,
> Asus Geforce4Ti 128mb card, SB Live card, 40G HD 7200rpm 8mb cache,
> 15inch Sony trinitron monitor, T1 connection.
>
> I am running Win2K latest patches and upgrades done. The system is stable
> and never suffers from BSOD.
>
> I am playing Homeworld2 but the sound crackles ....

Consensus are 45.23 as the new "30.82's" since these work very well with non
fx series, even though 44.03's are faster but more headache prompt for some
users. For sound crackles, go to control panel/sounds and audio
devices/adavanced audio properties/Performance/Hardware acceleration and try
setting it to Standard instead of "Full", on flight simulators this usually
solves stuters and some sound problems with a slight performance hit.
Sometimes playing with agp aperture solves some stuter issues (that could
generate crackle), as most people recommend 64mb (as people say for gf4's)
for most cards, some behave better with 128 (5900...), but on some games in
very heavy texture scenes in IL2 my 128mb 5900se behaves a tad better with
256. But as your cpu is very limitating you could try raising pci latency to
64clocks instead of the default 32 as it would help on some 86b via
southbridges with sb lives (hey, it's standard on a64's). Good luck.

thank you Bel, I will go try them.

Cheers!!

"BelaLvgosi" <nononono@nonono.com> wrote in message

> Sometimes playing with agp aperture solves some stuter issues (that could
> generate crackle), as most people recommend 64mb (as people say for gf4's)
> for most cards, some behave better with 128 (5900...), but on some games
in
> very heavy texture scenes in IL2 my 128mb 5900se behaves a tad better with
> 256. But as your cpu is very limitating you could try raising pci latency
> 64clocks instead of the default 32 as it would help on some 86b via
> southbridges with sb lives (hey, it's standard on a64's). Good luck.

Sorry to ask this. But how do you do the agp thing again>?

Is there a site which has straight instructions?

Thanks!

> "BelaLvgosi" <nononono@nonono.com> wrote in message
>
> > Sometimes playing with agp aperture solves some stuter issues (that
could
> > generate crackle), as most people recommend 64mb (as people say for
gf4's)
> > for most cards, some behave better with 128 (5900...), but on some games
> in
> > very heavy texture scenes in IL2 my 128mb 5900se behaves a tad better
with
> > 256. But as your cpu is very limitating you could try raising pci
latency
> > 64clocks instead of the default 32 as it would help on some 86b via
> > southbridges with sb lives (hey, it's standard on a64's). Good luck.
>
> Sorry to ask this. But how do you do the agp thing again>?
>
> Is there a site which has straight instructions?
>
> Thanks!

Enter bios with DEL, then that setting is usually on "advanced chipset
features", more easily, you can download a pdf of your motherboard manual a
do a search. But as I've said, it would only solve crackle if related to
stutering wich some report, else you should leave it at 64mb. The hardware
acceleration slider set to standard should provide you more imediate results
if everything else fails.

> stutering wich some report, else you should leave it at 64mb. The hardware
> acceleration slider set to standard should provide you more imediate
results
> if everything else fails.

Hello,

My sys wasnt so bad afterall - the sound setting was set at none - and I
raised it to standard and it ran OK after that. Sorry for the bother!!

Cheers!!,