asus ve247h vs asus vn247h

jonroberts26

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
My head is exploding with all the monitor choices out there. I want a good monitor for gaming, and I have considered all types and prices, and have decided I need to get my head out of the clouds and be a little more reasonable than the 144hz $300 options ( asus vg248qe or the benq xl2420 te)

I like asus ( not sure why other than just to narrow it down a little) since I want to fps I'm thinking tn rather than ips.
Anyway, long story short (too late), what do ya think about the subject options. I see a slight ms difference and an inputs difference as well as an age difference ( the ve is older) Also I think the bezel is smaller on the vn, however both can be mounted for multi display.

I will be buying from amazon so the current price difference is noticable. ( $170 vn vs $120 for the ve after a $20 rebate)

Sorry to ramble, but those are my thoughts... how about yours?

Thank you in advance

Solution
Both are good monitors, think you'd be happy with either, the N model is better overall, but as you are prob thinking, is it really $50 better at this point,

jonroberts26

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Well I got my VE247H and I couldn't be happier. First of all, with the Fed Ex guy who got it to me 3 days ahead of schedule. It is enormous, at least compared to my old 17" CRT Sony I have been using with my computer from 15 years ago. I have a couple of dead pixels, but what do you expect for a fairly cheap monitor? The only complaint I really have is my own inability to get my old favorite Quake 3 to play at the new resolution/size.
Pretty happy with it and thought I'd post an update for all of you out there browsing.

jonroberts26

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I had a bit of an issue with ASUS' rebate. They said I had exceeded my claims. ( could get two rebates for two monitors, but I only bought one)
A few headaches later and many emails and phone calls that FINALLY got me approved for my rebate. I hope it arrives.
Frustrating but....