ASUS VE278Q Appearing Washed Out. Help?

TheSportkid24

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Recently, I purchased an ASUS VE278Q for Christmas to add as a second monitor with my ASUS VG248QE. The problem I am running into is that the colors on the VE278Q are appearing washed out and lacking color, most apparent in the whites, looking more gray than white. Reading reviews online showed that other users were not having the same issue. I am wondering if it is a simple fix using Nvidia's control panel or if it is an issue with the monitor.

Thanks

Solution

His main monitor is a TN display, and it is the new monitor that appears washed out. That isn't likely it.

There has been a long time problem with Nvidia and HDMI that has caused some problems with washed out color. It's been fixed in the very latest drivers, but you might still need to manually fix it. Go to video settings in the Nvidia control panel, then click on the advanced tab, and adjust the...
Check your connection of course, not likely a problem but who knows. The new monitor is going to be different than the old, especially when they are sitting side by side. I would suggest calibrating one or the other (or both) in the control panel as you've suggested. You will likely only get close, not identical.

This^. I have a TN panel as my 2nd, looks like crap next to the IPS main. I did not reference the Model the OP listed so if thats the case then....calibrate close.

His main monitor is a TN display, and it is the new monitor that appears washed out. That isn't likely it.

There has been a long time problem with Nvidia and HDMI that has caused some problems with washed out color. It's been fixed in the very latest drivers, but you might still need to manually fix it. Go to video settings in the Nvidia control panel, then click on the advanced tab, and adjust the color range to full.

You may also just need to calibrate the new monitor.

Solution

Oops! Missed that the original was TN, good call on the driver too, sorry AMD guy here:) That being said, I replaced an LG IPS with a Samsung IPS, the Sammy looked waaaay washed out, calibrated and let my eyes adjust, looks fine.

Cheers!