Question Asus VG245H or Acer KG241Q?

Dec 29, 2018
Pretty straightforward: Which one should
I get? I've seen that the asus one has some better features as far as gaming goes which will be the main use for the monitor). I will also be hooking up my ps4 to this monitor so the extra HDMI port on the VG245H will come in handy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
Well there's almost no difference when talking about the display. The Acer is a little bit sharper because it's slightly smaller. Also the Acer is a little bit brighter. Both have 75Hz and 1ms so you're good with that.

So talking about the display, the Acer is a little smaller, but slightly sharper, altho I think you won't notice any difference, and the brightness can be set brighter on that one. But also not a lot brighter.

Talking about the screen, unless brightness is really important to you, I'd go for the cheaper one.

The only thing the Asus one has to offer the Acer doesn't: The height can be adjusted and you have a port for your headphones (which I doubt you need but hey, maybe it's more useful for you).

So, if I was you I'd go for the cheapest one. If you want to adjust the height of the monitor I'd go for the Asus. If you want a brighter screen, get the Acer. For the rest there's no big difference.