Asus VG248QE 3D

danek68

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Hello
I want to buy an monitor Asus VG248QE witch supports 3D and I'm wondering if the 3D will work with my graphics card which is ATI Radeon HD7870 and if it also will support 3D TV programs.

Solution
No it wont work, it only works with Nvidia cards. You can get it to run with work-arounds and other software but really you are wasting your time, 3D is iffy as it is you don't want to add any more obstacles to what's already a farce. Either get an Nvidia card or don't bother with 3D.
No it wont work, it only works with Nvidia cards. You can get it to run with work-arounds and other software but really you are wasting your time, 3D is iffy as it is you don't want to add any more obstacles to what's already a farce. Either get an Nvidia card or don't bother with 3D.

Solution

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

I think all the 144hz monitors support 3D.

Nvidia 3D vision is actually pretty sweet. I've always thought 3D has been sort of a gimmick, but playing Diablo 3 in 3D is really awesome. There are some small issues with certain games, but overall it's pretty cool.

Another thing to note, is that running a game in 3D pretty much halves the framerate.

I agree that 3D Vision is pretty awesome. If you aren't aware, there is a gaming community that has modded a lot of games to make 3d Vision work better in many games which don't normally work right: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/07/game-list-full.html

That site made my list of awesome 3D Vision games multiply.