Asus vg248qe monitor not turning on

hijackxd21

Proper
May 4, 2018
Hi,
I’ve recently built a new pc and I just got my monitor today. I plugged everything in, and booted my pc. The pc turns on and everything, but the monitor is still black. I’ve read that the power button is supposed to turn blue but there is no sign of power in the monitor all. Even if the computer doesn’t have a display output or something, the power button should still light up shouldn’t it? Maybe it is the power cable that is faulty? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Sounds like the monitor and/or the power cable is defective, did you get it from a local store such as Best Buy? If so I'd bring it back to the store and explain you issue, they should give you another VG248QE without issue.

hijackxd21

Proper
May 4, 2018
Yep, the display port cable is plugged into my gpu, I checked the end that goes into my gpu and the end that goes into my monitor, both are nice and snug. Both ends of the power cable are also snug

hijackxd21

Proper
May 4, 2018
Nope, unplugged everything then plugged everything back in, still no light.

So should I return the monitor and buy a new one? Or should I contact the seller or something? Not to familiar what to do when something doesn’t work that you bought off amazon.