[SOLVED] ASUS VG248QE monitor stuck at 480x640 resolution

May 19, 2021
I just updated my graphics card drivers and my main monitor is fine, my ASUS monitor, however, is stuck at a ridiculously low resolution and no amount of settings changes nor google searching have brought me any resolutions. My PC is on Windows 10, AMD RX 5700 XT graphics card, and I didn't have this problem before I updated the drivers. I can't find the drivers for the monitor itself on the ASUS website for Windows 10, and when I try updating manually, it says the best drivers are already installed. I updated my graphics drivers using AMD Radeon software, so I know it was done correctly, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, obviously tried restarting the PC, tried unplugging the cable from the PC and the monitor, and tried changing the monitor to landscape to see if I got more options (I usually keep it in portrait), but nothing changes. Any suggestions are welcome, feel free to let me know if I forgot to include any important information.

Solution
I just updated my graphics card drivers and my main monitor is fine, my ASUS monitor, however, is stuck at a ridiculously low resolution and no amount of settings changes nor google searching have brought me any resolutions. My PC is on Windows 10, AMD RX 5700 XT graphics card, and I didn't have this problem before I updated the drivers. I can't find the drivers for the monitor itself on the ASUS website for Windows 10, and when I try updating manually, it says the best drivers are already installed. I updated my graphics drivers using AMD Radeon software, so I know it was done correctly, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, obviously tried restarting the PC, tried unplugging the cable from the PC and the monitor...

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
I just updated my graphics card drivers and my main monitor is fine, my ASUS monitor, however, is stuck at a ridiculously low resolution and no amount of settings changes nor google searching have brought me any resolutions. My PC is on Windows 10, AMD RX 5700 XT graphics card, and I didn't have this problem before I updated the drivers. I can't find the drivers for the monitor itself on the ASUS website for Windows 10, and when I try updating manually, it says the best drivers are already installed. I updated my graphics drivers using AMD Radeon software, so I know it was done correctly, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, obviously tried restarting the PC, tried unplugging the cable from the PC and the monitor, and tried changing the monitor to landscape to see if I got more options (I usually keep it in portrait), but nothing changes. Any suggestions are welcome, feel free to let me know if I forgot to include any important information.
This might be a far-shot but I would try using AMD catalyst software to manually adjust the resolution of everything if the new software doesn't work. Back when I had an amd card a while ago we used catalyst software. I'm certain there is probably anew software but I'd give catalyst a try:
Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For Windows® Based System | AMD

Second:
I would DDU the drivers of your current system and fresh install the old drivers, even if you do reinstall older drivers sometimes you need some extra software help to get them to work. DDU-ing drivers means uninstalling and completely destroying it. DDU assistance:
How to do a Clean Graphics Card Driver Installation - DDU Tutorial - GPU Driver Uninstall - YouTube

Solution

TRENDING THREADS