Asus VG248QE monitor will not display anything to DVI/DisplayPort

kyle grant

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
I know this has been posted many times before but i have not been able to find a solution among the others that have had this problem.

My Setup:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980
CPU: Intel i5-4460
Ram: 2x8 Kingston HyperX FURY DDR3
Motherboard: asrock h97m pro4

My problem:
I recently purchased the Asus VG248QE 144Hz Monitor to attempt to get a dual monitor setup working, i had been working with an older 1080 screen (Acer S230HL) alone until now. I had the Acer hooked up with hdmi, and the Asus hooked up with DVI. The asus would be prioritized until windows finished booting up, then it would switch completely over to the acer monitor and my asus would say DVI not detected. Then i decided to try my displayport for the asus and it never even detects it in the first place, even in the nvidia control panel. its also worth noting that the asus works with hdmi consistently.

Solutions i have tried:
-Unplugged monitor from power source for several minutes, then plugged it back in.
-Updating BIOS
-Switched out all cords and tested all ports with multiple different monitors (only thing i got to display past the boot screen was hdmi)
-Clean my system of all Display Drivers in safe mode and clean install just the graphics driver (DVI worked on asus monitor while graphics driver was uninstalled) (drivers tested were Nvidias 381.65 release and the two versions prior)
-Taking out graphics card, plugging into the motherboard, and disabling the integrated graphics driver
-Fresh installation of windows

there were a few other things that i tried as well but its hard to remember since it has been a few days of testing.

Solution

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

It's been a long while since I've had that monitor, but; I believe you need to select the port to use on the monitor itself. I had that same issue with my BenQ until I had that 'a-ha' moment.

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

You can also try booting up the PC with the cable of choice, unplug the monitor for a bit, when plug the monitor back in. Try doing that with the ASUS being the ONLY MONITOR plugged into the PC.

Solution