[SOLVED] Asus VG248QE on a HDMI cable.

Nov 7, 2021
Hello.

I am interested buying myself a new monitor because my old one is flickering and breaking.
Will my HDMI cable work with Asus VG248QE? Will it support 144Hz?

Plus if you have a better monitor for 170~ € any recommendations would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Yu might want to look through their product page, here and read this line;
*To activate 144Hz function (in 2D mode), both DisplayPort (or Dual-link DVI) and a selected graphics card with the latest driver are required. Please kindly contact the service center of your graphics cards companies for further technical supports.

According to the Quick Start Guide, here, you can get 144Hz at 1920x1080p resolution using DVI(dual Link) or DisplayPort(page 3-8).

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, this a popular, old model, in which >60 Hz over HDMI was not implemented by the manufacturer. While the HDMI version technically supports higher refresh rates, it has to be explicitly supported by the manufacturer, and this is one of the models that's infamous for not doing so.

Another recommendation depends on what's important to you. Size, refresh, resolution. What are the priorities here? What's the goal?

Nov 7, 2021
Well I have Geforce GTX 1650 Super.
And I don't really understand about the first question.
Do you mean the HDMI ports?
If so I have one with a second one next to it which is with screws If I remember correctly.

Well I have Geforce GTX 1650 Super.
What make/model GTX 1650 Super ? Full model name?
And I don't really understand about the first question.
Do you mean the HDMI ports?
I mean - Display Ports or DVI (dual link) ports.

Display-Ports-Types.png

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The problem is that one port you can't see at all and the other you can only see the back of the plug so can't see what that one is either. The idea is to either see the shape of the ports so they can be identified or, in the case of the one port we can see, there's lettering that is visible over the port cover.

The thing is, PC Part Picker lists no 1650 Supers with no DP ports. Nor does Newegg. So if one of those two connectors isn't a DP, there's a distinct possibility that's not a 1650 Super. Unless it's some weird OEM version. But again, we have no way of knowing anything you are unable to tell us.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My bad. I haven't realized I had a dust protector on it. Its a DVI without a doubt

I know the one on the left with the dust protector is DVI. It says DVI. I'm talking about the other two we can't see.

And can you double-check all this, including the exact GPU? I'm finding zero 1650 Supers without a DP port and zero 1650 Supers with two DVI ports.

Until we know what your hardware actually is, it's hard to give you compatible and good recommendations.

TRENDING THREADS