Asus VG248QE OUT OF RANGE?

Jun 19, 2018
Hello,

I've spent days looking for fixes but none of them seems to work, I guess this is my last hope now. As the title says, my Asus VG248QE monitor keeps showing out of range, I'll be more specific and detailed:

Whenever I play a game (Overwatch/CSGO/Minecraft/LoL/Anything), it works for a FEW minutes. Then the monitor goes black; sound gets cut off and it shows [Out of range]

Please help me, I'm suffering.
Sincerely, Alex.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Connected using HDMI or DisplayPort? Refresh Rate? Audio connected directly to PC or through monitor?

You are probably using an HDMI which doesn't support high refresh rates. Buy a DisplayPort (DP) cable.

ONKI

Reputable
May 23, 2014

I am having the same issue.
For your information, DVI cable and port can support 144Hz. I was using a DVI cable with my BenQxl2420z and a Asus Strix GTX 970. I have changed my GPU to MSI Xtrio RTX 2080 which doesnot have a DVI port, so i have to use a Display cable.

I am having the same issue and monitor going out of range while launching CSGO.
I have searched all forums and tried all kinds of solution, nothing fixes the problem.

A simple solution I figured out is when ever it shows out of range I unplug the display cable from the GPU and plug it back again, it solves the issue but its annoying to do that every time after a restart. But luckily when you do that once you can launch the game till the time you shut down your PC.

Hope it helps @azept.bui