Question Asus VG248QZ 24" LED FullHD 144Hz Monitor "No Signal" when using DisplayPort cable

May 21, 2020
Hey there everyone,

so I have a Asus VG248QZ 24" LED FullHD 144Hz Monitor. I've been very happy with it, until suddenly from one day to the next I wanted to turn it on and it displayed "No Signal" when using DisplayPort cable. After unplugging the cable and plugging it back in (as well as into the other DisplayPorts of GPU), I still got the same message.

I ended up using an HDMI cable and then it displayed my desktop etc. . When I've got both HDMI and DisplayPort cables connected it does recognise them as two displays (eventhough I only have this one monitor).

I've gone to a shop with my DisplayPort cable to test it and they plugged it in and it works.

So I'm thinking it's either a fault in the monitor or of my GPU ( MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO 8G ). After googling I unplugged all the cables for the monitor and pc for 2 minutes and plugged them back in. It worked briefly but then after a restart had the same issue or when wanting to start a game.

Since I don't have a second monitor to eliminate the monitor as a cause of the problem, what can I do?

I'd appreciate your advice on this matter.

Regards,
Fox2k

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS