[SOLVED] ASUS VG279 Monitor has random black screens

buenoim

Reputable
Dec 20, 2017
I've upgraded to a new ASUS VG279 monitor for about 4 months now, and within the first couple months I've noticed an occasional screen blackout. Of which I would need to turn off and on the display. However, recently my monitor has been blacking out more frequently and I do not know what is going on with it. So far nothing has affected the screen, it still looks the same right after I boot it up again. Could this be a power plug issue or a display issue? I have my monitor plugged into a 6 outlet power strip, and it is connected to my PC's 2070 super through a display port cable.

Solution
Did you buy an additional Displayport cable?

Can you test with Hdmi? Just to rule out cable.

See if powering the monitor from another power outlet helps isolate a power issue. Does the monitor power on led turn a different colour when the blackouts happen? If not, it could be the video cable rather than power. But try another outlet anyway.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you buy an additional Displayport cable?

Can you test with Hdmi? Just to rule out cable.

See if powering the monitor from another power outlet helps isolate a power issue. Does the monitor power on led turn a different colour when the blackouts happen? If not, it could be the video cable rather than power. But try another outlet anyway.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS