Question Asus VG279QM 280hz, Dimmed in Corner

May 23, 2020
I recently bought a 280hz Asus VG279QM Monitor, when I first got it and plugged it in, I used the HDMI cable and noticed there was a dimmed area in the bottom right hand corner, Regardless of that I thought maybe it was a defect in the cable, didn't think too much, till I switched to the Display Port Cable provided in the Box, when using it I noticed that the dimmed area in the bottom right hand corner was still there, and I've tried about everything I could think of, updating Drivers, Looking at Asus, website, searching online for answers, yet I couldn't find anything. I tried looking through the NVIDIA control panel as well, still nothing useful, as well as changing the monitors settings as well through the buttons on the side, and still no luck. I even updated the drivers on the computer, and before and after updating, still dimmed in the bottom right hand corner, or a shadow. Not sure, it's just darker in the bottom right and slowly fades into it. You can see this in the screenshot below.
View: https://imgur.com/a/6m182no

EDIT: unsure why the image quality is bad, but it fades into it slowly in the bottom right, no where else on the display or any of my other displays do I have this issue.

mirojasiu

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
I recently bought a 280hz Asus VG279QM Monitor, when I first got it and plugged it in, I used the HDMI cable and noticed there was a dimmed area in the bottom right hand corner, Regardless of that I thought maybe it was a defect in the cable, didn't think too much, till I switched to the Display Port Cable provided in the Box, when using it I noticed that the dimmed area in the bottom right hand corner was still there, and I've tried about everything I could think of, updating Drivers, Looking at Asus, website, searching online for answers, yet I couldn't find anything. I tried looking through the NVIDIA control panel as well, still nothing useful, as well as changing the monitors settings as well through the buttons on the side, and still no luck. I even updated the drivers on the computer, and before and after updating, still dimmed in the bottom right hand corner, or a shadow. Not sure, it's just darker in the bottom right and slowly fades into it. You can see this in the screenshot below.
View: https://imgur.com/a/6m182no

EDIT: unsure why the image quality is bad, but it fades into it slowly in the bottom right, no where else on the display or any of my other displays do I have this issue.
Its a monitor defect, not a cable defect