Question Asus VH242H acting weird ?

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Have an Asus VH242H 1080p monitor. It has started acting a little crazy. Without touching the monitor, the monitor menu will come up, it will switch inputs. Have to really mess with the power button to shut it on and off. Is this monitor at the end of its life or is there something that can be done?
It's hooked up to a Windows 11 desktop PC via dvi connection.

I have the Asus VH198S that is very similar, probably of the same age as yours but it's running fine.

It seems that something triggered the control buttons.

Did you visually verify the buttons to see if some buttons are stuck? They should be flushed with the screen's bezel.

The buttons should click when you press them.

Teddywills

BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
There could be a physical issue with the display causing it to behave abnormally. If you haven't already, try removing and reinserting the power cord. If that doesn't solve the problem, it's likely that the monitor is getting old and has to be replaced. If the problem persists, you can contact Asus for technical assistance; they may have further suggestions.

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
I have the Asus VH198S that is very similar, probably of the same age as yours but it's running fine.

It seems that something triggered the control buttons.

Did you visually verify the buttons to see if some buttons are stuck? They should be flushed with the screen's bezel.

The buttons should click when you press them.
Doesn't seem like the buttons are stuck. They are flush and do click when I press them.
There could be a physical issue with the display causing it to behave abnormally. If you haven't already, try removing and reinserting the power cord. If that doesn't solve the problem, it's likely that the monitor is getting old and has to be replaced. If the problem persists, you can contact Asus for technical assistance; they may have further suggestions.
I will try reinserting the power cord.