Question Asus vivobook 14 r424d can't remove back cover

Mar 31, 2020
Ok so this problem has me completely stumped. The screws along the edges and the clips are easy enough to get past, but then there is this one screw(?) in the middle. It is completely stuck and there are no grooves on it. It seems to be made of metal and is completely flat. When trying to take care f the back cover iss such on that thing. Anyone know what it is and how to get it loose?

Mar 31, 2020
Thats the thing that has me confused. In the videos I have found(note, not the actual model he has, but other vivobooks. I cant find a video on his model) there is a screw in the middle of the backplate. On his machine though, there is a small, completly flat little thing there instead. It lays completly flush with the floor of the laptop and there dont seem to be a glld way of getting it out. There are no hidden screews, as we did remove 8 other screws from the underside, undid the clips and got the bottom loose. We even rotated the bottom plate a good 10 degrees just to make sure there were nothing else holding it in place.

Sep 1, 2020
Thats the thing that has me confused. In the videos I have found(note, not the actual model he has, but other vivobooks. I cant find a video on his model) there is a screw in the middle of the backplate. On his machine though, there is a small, completly flat little thing there instead. It lays completly flush with the floor of the laptop and there dont seem to be a glld way of getting it out. There are no hidden screews, as we did remove 8 other screws from the underside, undid the clips and got the bottom loose. We even rotated the bottom plate a good 10 degrees just to make sure there were nothing else holding it in place.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have (presumably identical) laptop with the exact same problem, and at wits end on how to get the back cover off.

Oct 3, 2020
Presumably, it is this thing here in the center you're talking about? I'm also struggling to figure out how to get past this obstacle in opening this laptop...

I just bought the Asus f412da-ws33, and it presents this plastic circle, too. It turned out to be a small sticker that was covering up a screw. I took a box cutter and scraped that circle right off. Asus support told me they couldn't help me with this, but I found the answer to this conundrum on reddit with a similar model. Hope this helps.