[SOLVED] Asus Vivobook 14 X407UF laptop cannot switch to UEFI mode in BIOS ?

Nov 29, 2021
Hello there

I have a simple problem but it may help many people who seek for answers for this issue.

As of now, my "System firmware" is not on UEFI and not "Secure Boot Capable"

I just wanted my laptop to meet the minimum system requirements to run windows 11 and being on the AHCI or Legacy mode hinders this minimum requirement.

I am currently enabled the CSM to make it worked for me.

By the way, I upgraded my storage from HDD to SSD M.2 SATA 3
The performance of my laptop now is very impressive but in exchange I am still not able to meet the minimum system requirements to upgrade to windows 11

Please see attached file for reference.

images
images2

I hope anyone would help me with my problem.

Thank you :)

Solution
AHCI is the correct setting, not legacy mode.

for windows 11 to install you need:

Bios set to UEFI mode not legacy
Bios set to AHCI not legacy or raid
Onboard TPM enabled (sometimes this has a strange name)
Secure boot enabled

Get the windows 11 USB drive ready first, and copy all the files you want to keep from your old windows 10 install, since if you turn those options on you will not be able to boot your windows 10 install or access your old files.

Before you go any further I would first update the bios and firmware. Go to Asus website and look up the latest Bios download for your laptop and run that.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
AHCI is the correct setting, not legacy mode.

for windows 11 to install you need:

Bios set to UEFI mode not legacy
Bios set to AHCI not legacy or raid
Onboard TPM enabled (sometimes this has a strange name)
Secure boot enabled

Get the windows 11 USB drive ready first, and copy all the files you want to keep from your old windows 10 install, since if you turn those options on you will not be able to boot your windows 10 install or access your old files.

Before you go any further I would first update the bios and firmware. Go to Asus website and look up the latest Bios download for your laptop and run that.

Solution