Asus Vivobook overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone! I've recently bought an Asus Vivobook pro 15, and I've noticed that the CPU's temperature is always quite high. Idle temp goes from 45 celsius up to 60 degrees. While doing normal stuff, like being on the Internet without watching videos, it can peak at 70 degrees. I've tried to play with Fortnite, that I've heard can be heavy, and after a little more than a hour, CPU had peaked at 91 degrees, GPU at 76 degrees. During the game the CPU was on average at 75-80 degrees, while the GPU was at 70 degrees. CPU usage had gone up to 80%, and so had the GPU. I used the PC on an appropriate surface and I have no additional cooling system beside the one the notebook already has. Should I contact the seller, or are those acceptable temperatures?
Thank you for your time!

Solution
Temps eventually effect all devices. I mean there is no way to say it will never have a problem. However, if you keep it clean and take care of it, barring there being a problem with hardware or a flaw in the hardware, it should last you a while and work just fine.
Temps eventually effect all devices. I mean there is no way to say it will never have a problem. However, if you keep it clean and take care of it, barring there being a problem with hardware or a flaw in the hardware, it should last you a while and work just fine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.