willyburns

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
I wonder if you guys could help me make a decision? Both laptops are exactly the same spec apart from the CPU and the price. Should I go for the Ryzen chip (M7600QC) which has 8 physical cores and 16 logical but only boosts to 4.4 GHz and has slower single core performance; or for the Intel chip (N7600PC) which has 4 physical cores and 8 logical but boosts to 4.8 GHz and has better single core performance? The Intel one is also £100 more expensive, and 4 cores in 2022 just seems like a Intel being tighter than an my Old Man's wallet; however, it has faster single core performance and very few games use more than 4 cores currently.

It will be used mainly for watching videos, browsing the internet, and perhaps a bit of gaming (if I can convince the Old Crust that all you have to do is plug it into the TV with a HDMI cable and turn the Xbox controller on). The last laptop I bought him was a Lenovo one around 12 years ago so some "future proofing" might be required, which is why I'm leaning towards the Ryzen chip. That 4K OLED screen is going to finish him off either way, but which would you go for and why? Any assistance would be welcome 🤪👍.

Over and out . . .

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS