Question ASUS VP28UQG monitor shuts down randomly ?

ek_e123

Reputable
May 9, 2020
I've had my ASUS VP28UQG monitor for 3+ years now. I use it for my PlayStation 5 and as my PC's second monitor. Yesterday, as I was using my PlayStation, the monitor just turned off. Not standby mode, not a black screen. It completely shut down. I pushed the power button, nothing happened. I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in, nothing happened. I figured it may be a faulty power cable, so I used one of my spare ones and the monitor sprung back to life. Problem solved, I thought.

Today it happened again. Same exact story. This time I unplugged the power cable, but instead of plugging it in back immediately, I waited for a few minutes. When I plugged it back in again, it came back to life.

My conclusion is that there's nothing wrong with the cable (duh).

So basically once or twice a day, my monitor shuts down while using my PlayStation, and it refuses to be turned back on by the power button. The only way to fix it, is to unplug the power cable for a few minutes.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

I've had my ASUS VP28UQG monitor for 3+ years now.

What sort of warranty scheme did you have on the panel?

I figured it may be a faulty power cable, so I used one of my spare ones and the monitor sprung back to life. Problem solved, I thought.
+
Today it happened again. Same exact story. This time I unplugged the power cable, but instead of plugging it in back immediately, I waited for a few minutes. When I plugged it back in again, it came back to life.
That would probably be an indication that the power circuitry on the motherboard is failing or the caps on it are going out the door. If you've got a repair shop nearby, you could ask them to open up the panel's rear and look at the mainboard for the panel. Chances are you should see bulging caps;
https://www.tvparts.co.uk/lcd-tv-sp...5g9088-m01-000-005y-main-pcb-for-asus-vp28uqg
or you could just replace it after verifying that the circuitry on the PCB is compromised.

TRENDING THREADS