[SOLVED] ASUS vs Gigabyte Customer Service/support and RMA process?

Sep 16, 2019
I'm just about the buy a new x570 motherboard. I'm stuck between the Gigabyte Aorus Elite and the Asus TUF Gaming. Both seem great. I built my last PC with a Z97 from Asus that has been absolutely wonderful and has lasted six years with zero problems.

This time however I've been spooked by all the negative reviews saying the MOBO was DOA or something along those lines. Particularly with the Gigabyte RMA process and customer service which many reviewers seem to say is atrocious.

At this point both the ASUS and Gigabyte are equally attractive purchases, I just want to get an idea of which has the better RMA process and customer service/support so if I get stuck with a bad board, I won't have to stress about being left high and dry or waiting a month for a replacement.

Solution
This is a tough one...and hopefully others can jump in as well but I have used both brands and only once have to do an RMA and that was with Gigabyte for a Aorus GPU and they were perfect in responding quickly and resolving. Saying that, I have heard a lot of good things about ASUS support.

Personally the Gigabyte Aorus Elite would be the way to go purely from a tech perspective as it has by far the better VRM as Gigabyte seemed to have listened to customers and gone overboard on building there latest motherboards with a rock solid power delivery. The Gigabyte Aorus Elite has a 12+1 phase VRM versus a 8+1 though it should be called a 4 phase (see link to Buildzoids review...be warned he can ramble but is excellent) ...not great for the...
This is a tough one...and hopefully others can jump in as well but I have used both brands and only once have to do an RMA and that was with Gigabyte for a Aorus GPU and they were perfect in responding quickly and resolving. Saying that, I have heard a lot of good things about ASUS support.

Personally the Gigabyte Aorus Elite would be the way to go purely from a tech perspective as it has by far the better VRM as Gigabyte seemed to have listened to customers and gone overboard on building there latest motherboards with a rock solid power delivery. The Gigabyte Aorus Elite has a 12+1 phase VRM versus a 8+1 though it should be called a 4 phase (see link to Buildzoids review...be warned he can ramble but is excellent) ...not great for the top intel CPU's in the 9700K or 9900K...though perfectly fine for the 9600K and lower.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=156&v=bLO-vYjJN-I

Solution
Sep 16, 2019

Personally the Gigabyte Aorus Elite would be the way to go purely from a tech perspective as it has by far the better VRM as Gigabyte seemed to have listened to customers and gone overboard on building there latest motherboards with a rock solid power delivery. The Gigabyte Aorus Elite has a 12+1 phase VRM versus a 8+1 though it should be called a 4 phase (see link to Buildzoids review...be warned he can ramble but is excellent) ...not great for the top intel CPU's in the 9700K or 9900K...though perfectly fine for the 9600K and lower.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=156&v=bLO-vYjJN-I
Great reply, thanks! I'll go the Gigabyte route then I think. I noticed both only have four fan headers. Isn't that kind of low/bad? I was hoping to get the fractal Design Meshify C case which has the potential for 7 fans.

Great reply, thanks! I'll go the Gigabyte route then I think. I noticed both only have four fan headers. Isn't that kind of low/bad? I was hoping to get the fractal Design Meshify C case which has the potential for 7 fans.

No problems at all. The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite has 5 fan headers all hybrid DC/PWM. They cover this on the specs page...scroll down
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf

Oh and the Meshifi C is a great case...

Sep 16, 2019
No problems at all. The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite has 5 fan headers all hybrid DC/PWM. They cover this on the specs page...scroll down
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf

Oh and the Meshifi C is a great case...
I guess that settles it. Obviously I don't understand the wording very well. I'm not even sure what hybrid DC/PWM means but I'll take your word for it.

I only have one more question if you don't mind. It seems like the Gigabyte has a lot of issues with its BIOS and based on reviews, is DOA more often. Do you consider those concerns with going Gigabyte?

I think I'll have to go Meshify, it seems ideal in every way.

To be honest, I have been using 2 generations of Gigabyte motherboards, initially with the Z270 and now with the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 since it launched and I have not had one issue. Yes the ease of use with the BIOS is not great and I had to learn the in's and out's. Before moving to Gigabyte the ASUS board I used had a very easy to use BIOS. Saying that, the BIOS is not that difficult and is easy to get on top of with plenty of forums with settings that will help if you want to overclock or go super hardcore on overclocking...

Sep 16, 2019
To be honest, I have been using 2 generations of Gigabyte motherboards, initially with the Z270 and now with the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 since it launched and I have not had one issue. Yes the ease of use with the BIOS is not great and I had to learn the in's and out's. Before moving to Gigabyte the ASUS board I used had a very easy to use BIOS. Saying that, the BIOS is not that difficult and is easy to get on top of with plenty of forums with settings that will help if you want to overclock or go super hardcore on overclocking...
Awesome! Thank you so much! I'll get the Gigabyte then.