Question Asus Vs Nvidia

PolarBear27

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

Sorry if this is a very stupid question but I am relatively new to this whole thing. I was looking at getting a new PC and had decided on getting a RTX 2070 super. I was looking around and the price on different websites was round about the same price at £520. However, after doing some research I saw that on Nvidias website they are selling it for £489 but it also comes with Call of Duty Modern Warfare. They look different but is there any power difference between the two?

Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing a link to the non Nvidia listed RTX 2070 Super? Nvidia will often have promotional campaigns running on their, as will other sites, perhaps you came across an offer of the same nature...?

PolarBear27

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Mind sharing a link to the non Nvidia listed RTX 2070 Super? Nvidia will often have promotional campaigns running on their, as will other sites, perhaps you came across an offer of the same nature...?
No Problem. https://www.ebuyer.com/901355-asus-geforce-rtx-2070-super-evo-oc-8gb-gddr6-graphics-card-dual-rtx2070s-o8g-evo?wgu=267255_206719_15689785675251_c7cd318817&wgexpiry=1576754567&utm_source=webgains&utm_siteid=206719

As you can see, you also get Modern Warfare with this one but it's a good £80 more expensive.

Thank you.

LordVile

Admirable
You get MW with all RTX super cards atm. Or your should do. The aftermarket (not Nvidia founders editions) generally have better cooling solutions, are bigger and offer more performance.

Mrgr74

Upstanding
Sep 2, 2019
This. ^^ I just took a look on nVidia's (US) site and they do indeed have a game bundle with the RTX cards.

If there are so many RTX 2070 super, is one brand better than another?
Generally with graphics cards you don't compare brands. You compare specific models.
Some models will run quieter, have better cooling, better power delivery, additional RGB or some other features.
And those models will cost more.

Performance level of different RTX 2070 super models is quite similar.

LordVile

Admirable
If there are so many RTX 2070 super, is one brand better than another?
More to do with models. For example MSI have the armour edition which is amongst the cheapest then they have the Gaming X Trio which is much more expensive but will be quieter and cooler along with likely better overclocking potential. But it is also quiet massive

The guts of all GTX2070 super cards come from the same place, namely nvidia.

The parts get binned by the makers like asus, evga... and the better chip will be used in factory overclocked models that can sell for more.
Some try to add value by adding RGB "bling" or fancy coolers.
By and large you get fair value from factory overclocked models. Excepting perhaps the top performing versions.

Ultimately, consider all GTX2070 super cards as somewhat equal in capability and buy the cheapest. The direct order from nvidia seems to be the best. Any cooler will be appropriate to that model.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS