[SOLVED] Asus VS228H-P won't display at native resolution

Dec 13, 2019
I am having monitor resolution issues and I can’t figure out how to fix it.
I have 2 Asus VS228H-P monitors. I was using them through a Pluggable USB-C dock from a laptop. They were both displaying 1920x1080
I have an older desktop that I moved them to. I was running an amd a10-5800k using integrated graphics. My mother board is a GIGABYTE GA-F2A75M-D3H. It has a HDMI and DVI.
I was using the dvi to a single monitor.
When I tried to run the 2 Asus monitors via the existing ports the DVI wouldn’t detect. The old monitor would work, but at a low resolution
I purchased a gt 710 thinking that would be able to run the monitors better.
Now both monitors display, but the dvi monitor is stuck at 1024x768
I am using the nvidia driver 441.66
windows 7 64 bit
service pack 1 6.1.7601
Windows was detecting the hdmi monitor as generic pnp and the dvi as non-pnp
These are the things I have tried:
  • Hooking the dvi monitor back up to the old doc and verifying that the cable works and it is still capable of displaying 1920x1080
  • Removing old drivers with ddu in safe mode
  • Copying the edid from the properly detected monitor (hdmi) and overriding both devices with that .inf
  • Forcing 1920x1080 via the nvidia control panel (it displays, but is pixelated)
  • Unplugging everything including power and plugging it back in again
One other issue I have is my bios won’t display on either monitor, I see my motherboard bios startup screen, but when I press DEL to go to bios Both screens are blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 13, 2019
I hooked the monitor up to another machine with the same dvi cable and it. Worked, displayed 1080p. And nvidia says the card will work with dvid and dvii.