Asus VS248HR OR Samsung LS24D330HSX ?

Solution
then i strongly recommend the samsung, i see no such reports of dead pixels and it gets higher ratings overall, i researched the same asus before but i forgot about it, apparently it sometimes had dead pixels right out of the box and was overall bad quality. if you don't mind the acquired design taste and lack of VESA mount then the samsung is overall a good build. also it reports a wobbly stand but that should only be an issue if you bump it

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
they have
- same viewing angles
- the same colour variety
- the same aspect ratio
- same response time
- same refresh rate
asus
- can go 50cd/m2 brighter
- comes with DVI and VGA cables
samsung
- comes with HDMI
- comes with eye saver mode

each brand has there special "technologys" however i especially like the Samsung because of its eye saver mode which just so you know, can be turned off. it reduces the amounts of blue due to the fact that it can damage your eyes (just certain wavelengths) and is probably what breaks the tie for me. each both have other features but those can often just be waved away as gimmicks to get you to buy them. although the asus has a much higher contrast ratio that too can also make almost no difference

Islam_Imad

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

The Asus is about 30$ more and some people said that is sometimes it has a "Dead Pixels"
Also I read that Asus is better than Samsung in pc monitors what do u think ?

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
then i strongly recommend the samsung, i see no such reports of dead pixels and it gets higher ratings overall, i researched the same asus before but i forgot about it, apparently it sometimes had dead pixels right out of the box and was overall bad quality. if you don't mind the acquired design taste and lack of VESA mount then the samsung is overall a good build. also it reports a wobbly stand but that should only be an issue if you bump it

Solution

Islam_Imad

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

I searched alot but the only is the customer's reviews Asus has the best buy on Amazon I don't know why folks choose it over the Samsung as u said they r pretty the same so what's the deal ??

Islam_Imad

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

There is another thing the Asus has a DVI-D port and The DVI is better than HDMI it will allows me to get a better refresh rate Overclocking as I read than HDMI can't handle more than 60hz . Is this really true or not what do you think ?!!

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
i seem to have lost the table on hdmi stats
anyway not all hdmi cables are the same. as the years hav egone past, hdmi cables have been able to carry more data and therefore can run at faster speeds. i think the dvi-d is as fast as the first version of hdmi but i could be wrong

Islam_Imad

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

Actually I bought one and I found a Dead Pixel on it and I returned it and bought another one and again I found a stuck pixel (which just appears on blue screen ) so should return it and take me money back ??

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
sorry for late response, nbn was dead.
anyway these budget monitors often have problems such as these so it's really just the lesser of very many evils. you can take it back if your unsatisfied and hopefully get a working one if you want to go through the hassle.

Islam_Imad

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

should I buy another one from another store ?

Islam_Imad

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

I was bothering me returned it got my money back , but what actually cause the "Dead or Stuck Pixels " ?

could it be my whole country stock has the same issue or just this store ?

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
sometimes its just the translator dedicated to that pixel, not receiving power so it defaults to a lit up pixel or doesn't work at all or it could be the manufacturing process used to make the screen. with cheap monitors its certain that they will cut corners