ASUS VX228H is this a good monitor?

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hello. I am on a budget, and found this monitor. I am not that good at monitors, but I know glossy monitor is a better solution. So, is it a good monitor? For gaming, video editing, all other kinds of tasks. It has 1ms response time and all other good specs.

Solution
First off a glossy monitor is a personal preference as is a lot of other monitor qualities. So that is a 21.5" display at $140 with $10MIR. The 1ms response is almost an arbitrary number anymore. When it comes down to true response time that number will not apply at all. Most modern LCD can be used for gaming without any ghosting issues at all. So pretty much forget that number and count on the reviews people write. For video editing and gaming you will benefit from a larger display. Below is a nice display, but for $150-$160 you can get a 23" that is really nice and would fit you perfect. Forget that 1ms refresh rate.

Here is an IPS 23" DELL for $150 after code...
First off a glossy monitor is a personal preference as is a lot of other monitor qualities. So that is a 21.5" display at $140 with $10MIR. The 1ms response is almost an arbitrary number anymore. When it comes down to true response time that number will not apply at all. Most modern LCD can be used for gaming without any ghosting issues at all. So pretty much forget that number and count on the reviews people write. For video editing and gaming you will benefit from a larger display. Below is a nice display, but for $150-$160 you can get a 23" that is really nice and would fit you perfect. Forget that 1ms refresh rate.

Here is an IPS 23" DELL for $150 after code.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260148&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL120514&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL120514&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL120514-_-EMC-120514-Latest-_-LCDLEDMonitors-_-24260148-S0D

Solution

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Speaking of personal preference, I don't like Dell. Currently I have a 15.4" laptop, and having a screen bigger than 20" will require time to get used to. As this monitor is 21.5", I consider it to be big enough to play games and not big enough to sit 5' away to enjoy playing. Matte or glossy - as far as I will be able to run BF4 and enjoy playing, I don't care.