Question ASUS VZ249HEG1R monitor flicker at 75hz !

Nafsan

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
Hey
Recently i got the ASUS VZ249HEG1R 23.8inch 75hz 1ms monitor.
Monitor Detail.
My pc is i5 10500 with 1650super with 456.38 driver.

Now my problem is that, when I try to increase refresh rate to 75hz from the Advance display option in windows10 then the screen starts to flicker and horizontal lines allover the screen

Then if i try from to increase it from NVDIA control panel the it works, but if I restart or shutdown the pc while in 75hz,
then when pc starts the monitor starts to flickers.
Nvdia

can anyone help ?

Oct 28, 2020
Hey, just bought this monitor and I have the exact same problem, in 75hz it flickers and I have horizontal lines on the far right of the screen; if I set 1080p in 60hz everything is ok.
I have an i3 9100f with a 1650.

Oct 28, 2020
Need to try a different cable, if that does not work contact Asus support.

I did try that and the issue was still there..and the next day, some important black light bleeding appeared; the monitor had some parts that were not correctly sealed too..

In the end I just returned the monitor and ended up buying a more expensive and better one, the Nitro XV240Y from Acer.

Nov 23, 2020
I'm new to this site and writing online as a whole so sorry for bad writing but I had the same issues with the monitor and tried to fix it for weeks and found no guides anywhere. Apparently, it defaults to 75.001Hz and that breaks the screen. Do note I tried lowering the Hz but full screening any game or restarting the PC defaults it back to 75.001hz

A permanent solution I found was to download Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) and manually change it to 74hz from the options listed. Now my monitor works fine with the trade-off being having 1Hz less.

Hope this helps for anyone who encountered the same issue

Dec 16, 2020
I'm new to this site and writing online as a whole so sorry for bad writing but I had the same issues with the monitor and tried to fix it for weeks and found no guides anywhere. Apparently, it defaults to 75.001Hz and that breaks the screen. Do note I tried lowering the Hz but full screening any game or restarting the PC defaults it back to 75.001hz

A permanent solution I found was to download Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) and manually change it to 74hz from the options listed. Now my monitor works fine with the trade-off being having 1Hz less.

Hope this helps for anyone who encountered the same issue

Thanks ! It's working.

Reactions: AcTiveAK

TRENDING THREADS