[SOLVED] asus wifi card keeps disconnecting

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
hi, i recently bought a pc which had an asus pce ac88 wifi card in it. it performs really good and speeds are awesome despite being wireless. but i have 1 issue with it which is that i seem to lose connection when im gaming.
when im browsing or watching youtube it has no problems but everytime when i game it seems to turn off after 10-15 minutes. i play fortnite and warzone mainly online with friends but i dont know why it keeps doing this. when i check the wifi option in the bottom right and its not showing any networks and when i got to device manager it seems to dissapear from there as well. almost as if it shuts down or something.

ANY IDEAS AS TO WHY THIS IS HAPPENING??

Solution
Is it OK when connected by ethernet cable?
If you can't see the card in windows then try another card.
Did you have to download and install drivers for it?

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
can you check in windows settings, network, wifi, networks to see what wifi channels you are picking up?
Better still, try one of the Wifi Analysis apps from the google play store.
That should tell you whether your getting a weak or no wifi signal.

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
can you check in windows settings, network, wifi, networks to see what wifi channels you are picking up?
Better still, try one of the Wifi Analysis apps from the google play store.
That should tell you whether your getting a weak or no wifi signal.
theres no issues when it comes to signal. its fine when im browsing or watching youtube it doesnt turn off. it only does it when im gaming. and then i cant see it in device manager so i have to restart pc or it will start working after a couple minutes. BUY THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN IM GAMING

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
Is it OK when connected by ethernet cable?
If you can't see the card in windows then try another card.
Did you have to download and install drivers for it?
its the only option ive got. dont have anything else and router is far so wired is also impossible. i did get the drivers from asus site