Asus WiFi GO reducing internet speed!

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
All computers in my house except mine gets a download speed of 2mbps or 220kBps. But i get only 70-80kBps! Why is this happening? I think there is a problem with my motherboard or there is a driver issue. Many others have this problem as i read other threads similar to this one! I really need to fix this as 70kBps just wont cut it!

I already changed the channel of my router and since other PCs get 2mbps, i figured that my computer is the issue... What else can i do?

I use speakeasy speedtest to test my connection and ping is fine...

When i un-install and re-install the drivers, the speed comes back to normal for about 2-5mins but then goes back to 70kBps! Is there a setting in the BIOS causing this or is this just a driver "glitch".

I do not have AI Suite II or Network i-Control as I un-installed them but even that didnt make a difference :(

What do i do??? I really need help!

Note - Only download speed is affected, upload speed is fine... I know weird! If I use a wireless USB network adapter, I get my 2mbps speed! How do i fix this? The USB network adapter is my friend's so i cannot use it forever :(

I've seen this problem before w/ the Asus GO software. Remove it, it's junk. It’s rarely a good idea to have your network hardware provider also be the provider of multi-media applications. They can barely manage to support their own hardware and drivers. They should leave these features to those who know what they're doing.

In fact, when it comes to Asus lately, they’ve been getting deeper and deeper into these additional software suites for this or that feature. I never install any of it. It’s just asking for trouble. Most of it, at least in my experience, has been buggy, poorly supported, few updates (not even to fix the most obvious, long standing bugs), etc.