News Asus' WRX80 Motherboard for AMD's Threadripper Pro Is Surprisingly Cheap

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Z490/Z590 motherboards aren't even in the same league as this WRX80...;) I wish the motherboard vendors luck in selling the Z590's for $1k...;) Not even counting the awesome capabilities of the WRX80E motherboard that the Z590 motherboards can't provide at any price--when you add in the TR CPUs, there's just nothing left for the Z590's, imo...;) Talk about an apples-oranges comparison!...Z4/590 isn't even close to being competitive, imo.

Reactions: Makaveli

Makaveli

Splendid
Z490/Z590 motherboards aren't even in the same league as this WRX80...;) I wish the motherboard vendors luck in selling the Z590's for $1k...;) Not even counting the awesome capabilities of the WRX80E motherboard that the Z590 motherboards can't provide at any price--when you add in the TR CPUs, there's just nothing left for the Z590's, imo...;) Talk about an apples-oranges comparison!...Z4/590 isn't even close to being competitive, imo.

Agreed totally difference class of users and expectations.

CerianK

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
They elephant in the room is that the WRX80E motherboard does not have Thunderbolt... but that elephant is a small one, since PCI-e 4.0 add-in should be possible (either now or soon), and USB 4 (supporting TB3) coming down the road.

As always when I think about building a new system, I worry about it being obsolete shortly after I finish it, which is a real possibility with TR Zen 3 and/or DDR5 not too far off (but not necessarily both in the same product release).

TRENDING THREADS