[SOLVED] Asus WS X299 PRO TPM enabled but not detected by Win 10

Sep 2, 2021
Hi,

Sorry for yet another TPM thread, the forums are swamped with these recently but I couldn't find a solution to my problem.

I have Asus WS X299 PRO with the latest BIOS (June 2021). The BIOS which enables TPM by default is still "Under Testing" by Asus, but I enabled PTT in the current version as per photo below

Despite that, Windows 10 with all the latest updates installed does not detect the TPM. TPM also does not show in the device manager.

My CPU as of a few days ago is on officially supported CPU list (i7-7820X) and my computer passes all other compatibility checks (screenshot below)

Although I know I shouldn't need it, I also bought the original Asus TPM module for my MB (from reputable source so it is genuine) and installing it doesn't change anything - still no TPM detected.

I don't know if it changes anything, but I have Linux Mint installed alongside Win10.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering it's a dual boot, can you state what the version for your OS is at the time of writing? Got a link to the Asus TPM device that you state was meant for your motherboard? Is CSM enabled or disabled in your BIOS? Secure Boot enabled?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering it's a dual boot, can you state what the version for your OS is at the time of writing? Got a link to the Asus TPM device that you state was meant for your motherboard? Is CSM enabled or disabled in your BIOS? Secure Boot enabled?

Solution
Sep 2, 2021
Thank you for warm welcome and quick reply :)

Windows is 21H1 Home, Mint is 19.3. CSM is disabled and secure boot enabled.

Checking these settings in BIOS I have, however, come across another setting which solved the problem. Under Advanced settings I enabled Trusted Computing and it worked straight away. I hope this helps if anyone else is having similar issue.

EDIT:
Link to the TPM module (which I no longer need as TPM works without it):
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-trusted-platform-module-tpm-m-r20-141-pin-model