[SOLVED] Asus x-99 Deluxe will not boot, LED Q code 00

Dec 14, 2018
I'm kind of at a loss as to what wrong. I've had this PC for almost 4 years and its been working well until yesterday. When I tried to boot it up the power came on and I heard the drives start and the CPU fans began to turn but then nothing. The screen is blank and and the Q-code only displays 00 and the PC would just stay in that state until I shut it off. After I plugged a USB stick into one of its ports it shut off and then back on and would continue doing that unless I manually shut it off. Now without the USB plugged in it will only stay on for about 5 seconds and then shut off and then turn back on in about 3 seconds over and over until I turn it off The manual for the motherboard states that 00 is not used but when I called the Asus tech support they said that 00 means that something is wrong with the CPU or CPU socket. I haven't taken it apart yet to make sure that the CPU pins and socket are all together but as far as I'm aware nothing has happened between the last time my PC was on and when it stopped working. So I'm a little perplexed that that could even be a problem. Anyone have any advice? Thanks for your time.

Solution
Try unplugging the power cord and removing the CMOS battery for a minute. If still the same, try testing different power supply, if possible. If same issue with different PSU, it might be a board, or CPU issue.
Dec 14, 2018
I've already unplugged and shut off the power supply and pressed the CMOS reset button on the board but I couldn't see where the battery was to remove. I'll check the manual and see if I can do so. I may have to wait to test anything else if it requires disassembly until my brother arrives for Christmas as my hands are uncomfortably unsteady at delicate work. I unfortunately do not have another PSU to test with. So is it possible that could be to blame?

Dec 14, 2018

As someone who is short on money and unfortunately doesn't have any spare parts to test with do you have an opinion on what would be the first step if the CPU and motherboard both appear intact after the CPU is removed? I have tried to avoid going to a computer tech shop as I have severe OCD which makes it really difficult for me to have people I don't personally know touching my computer which doesn't make this any easier unfortunately.

Dec 14, 2018

Well replacing my PSU would be a lot cheaper than the MB or CPU so that would be great if its the only problem. Hopefully I can get one in a few days and I'll post on the results.

Dec 14, 2018
Just wanted to report that replacing the PSU did not fix the issue so that pretty much means the MB or CPU. So thank you all for your help but it looks like its time for a new CPU and/or MB.