[SOLVED] Asus X-99 Pro posting 00 after waking from standby

skizzo

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2005
Power went out early this morning. Put my PC into standby because UPS battery was draining. Power came back on few minutes later, try waking PC back up....post code stuck at 00. Pulled CMOS battery, reseated ram, same. When I power up it will turn on for a second, power down and then attempt to power up again but still be stuck at 00. All fans and whatnot spinning normally. What in the heck could have happened? Is it possibly my PSU? I mean my system was working 100% seeing how I put it into sleep mode right before this happened. Ugh

Asus X99-Pro w/ 5820k
2 x 8GB Corsair LPX
Evga 750watt module psu

Solution
Hi skizzo.

I took a few minutes to research the 00 on X99 board and it doesn't look good. Most of the threads found says that it's probably a dead CPU. 00 means the post doesn't get past the basic cpu int. People say 99% CPU and/or motherboard.
Hi skizzo.

I took a few minutes to research the 00 on X99 board and it doesn't look good. Most of the threads found says that it's probably a dead CPU. 00 means the post doesn't get past the basic cpu int. People say 99% CPU and/or motherboard.

Solution

skizzo

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2005
Found another thread where someone said it wouldn't post because pump on H100i had failed and CPU couldn't get proper reading for CPU temp, hoping this is the case for me...just ordered a new cooler.