ASUS X102B - Screen Black when powered on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2018
Hello, I have an Asus X102B that is separate for editing the local Agricultural Club website, I have come to use it today and when I power it up the screen is black, the power indicator lights up.

I have tried discharging the internal capacitors to no avail but this might be due to the non removable battery.

Any input would be gratefully received as I need to get data off it at least.

All is not lost; yet.

Check first that the Function key that kills the brightness hasn't been turned right down by accident. If you have another monitor, and a cable, try moving the display to that screen and use the Function key with a screen icon on it to switch over.

If all taht fails, the screen would need replacing but the data can be transferred to another PC if you remove the hard disk and slave it to that other machine. Details if needed. (

Oct 26, 2018

There is no backlight, I can't plug it into an external screen as I'm currently away on an overland trip in Scotland for photography. The software is about 6gb to download on to my surface tab and I only have mobile data to run off. It's just I need to upload new files for members that meet the new GDPR rules but they will have to wait till next week.

Oct 26, 2018

No, I'm a farmer but have an ovelanding trip after harvest every year as I'm a land rover enthusiast. I collect and show vintage tractors and land rivers as well as working on the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.