• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Asus X399-A Prime. Beep during power on, orange light and AA Q-code.

Aug 21, 2019
Hello,

I have a new built which I have been using for a couple of weeks now without major problems. While it's working all right, there are a few things I need ahelp with as I can't figure out what they mean.

1. When I completely power of the machine, then wait a minute or two, and then turn it on, it starts with long beep, lights turn off, the system waits for a few secs, and then begin boot. From now on everything is ok. Restarts takes fast and everything works as expected. I guess it might be some sort of self test before system boots for the first time after power on but I am guessing that.

2. When system is on and working, e.g. at the moment while I am writing it, a Q-Code is AA, which says "Reserved for ASL (see ASL Status Codes section below)" and then "System has transitioned into ACPI mode. Interrupt controller is in APIC mode."
I can't understand what that means, whether it is something positive or a failure.

3. I can also see a solid orange light barely over the System Panel Connector (right-hand side lower corner in manual). It is NOT POST State LED, which is at the right-hand side upper corner). I can't find anything in manual related to that.

I would be grateful for help with the things above. Thanks.

PS. Link to the motherboard

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS