Question ASUS X399 Prime-A have any advantages over the ASRock X399 Taichi?

Jul 23, 2018
Best answers
ASUS X399 Prime-A have any advantages over the ASRock X399 Taichi?

Looking at a build like:

• Case : Fractal Design Define XL R2
  • Motherboard : ASRock X399 Taichi (£49.52)
  • PSU Power : Silent 850w Corsair RMx Modular Silent 0 Plus Gold - Dual GPU
  • Processor : AMD Threadripper 2950x
  • Ram : Corsair Vengence LPX 32 GB (4x 8gb) 2933 Mhz
  • Cooler : Noctura NH U14S Tr4 Sp3 (-£35)
  • Graphics Card : Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
  • Operating System Drive : 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus
  • Backup Drives : Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB drives x2 (In Raid 1 mirror Array)
  • Optical 5.25 Drive : Asus DRW -24D5MT - 24x DVD Reader and Writer
  • Wireless Internet: Anything That could add 80211.ad and MiMO to the Wireless. ?
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro
  • Keyboard : Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (£40)

From Scan 3sx.

On their configuration the choices were the Prime - A or the Zeneth Extreme.

The Zeneth pushes the cost far past my budget when the I add in the extended on-site warranted , keyboards, monitor etc.

Mainly it was upgradability I was after with the Zeneth for more M2 and PCI slots.

I could add a good network card to replace the Zeneth's networking features but having to replace the whole mother board just to add a SSD drive.

Then found the ASRock X399 Taichi which has the extra M2 and PCI slot and good networking (Just not the top 80211.ad and MiMO which would be nice but figured some network card could add that at a later date.)

But open to opinions and looking to find out that if I go for the ASRock x399 Taichi is missing anything valuable that the Prime -A has.

Is this a good lower budget compromise that has most of what I need or want with the possibly of a easy gap filling in later to get it up to Zeneth level?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS