Feb 21, 2019
So i just bought a 4 gb ram to upgrade my x450cc laptop from 4gb (total) To 6gb(total). It has 2gb on board memory and 2gb upgradable memory.
Both the previous 2gb ram and the new 4gb ram was usable until it become unrecognized, the 2gb lasted a couple years and the 4gb stick lasted a whole day.... I dont know whats happening here help

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So firstly, we would never recommend mixing RAM modules. Manufacturers do not support mixed RAM modules as they have all potential to not work together. It doesn't mean they never work, just it's not recommended at all. Whether they are same make / model is irrelevant. Technically speaking, to guarantee working, they should be from the same pack.

Secondly, what are the actual make and models of the RAM module you bought to put in?
Additionally, do you know what bit version of Windows you are running?

Feb 21, 2019
I actually dont know the brand, i think its from samsung because there is a samsung logo on the ram,

And it was workin for about a day, i dont know what happened to both

jonaharkiay

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
I'm a tad confused. I can't argue that mixing ram of different models will produce instability, but did your 2gb ram fail before you got the upgrade or after, or did they both fail when you got the new ram (in that case it is definitely the ram)?