[SOLVED] Asus X470 - all fans just stop ?

Apr 9, 2020
Hello

i have a question if maybe someone can help me out, so for the some time i am having trouble with my PC, since i was playing wit AI suite and bios and speeds with my fans, i am getting this issue when in the middle of the gaming, all of my fans just stop spinning, first all case fans go off, and at the end even my CPU fans shuts down...i have tried reinsalling windows, reseting bios(i havent tried clearing CMOS yet) and the problem is still there...and it just happens random, and i dont know what to do to fix it.

PLEASE HELP

Solution
ow i see theres a new update, but are those beta safe to try?i dont wanna be stuck with a bricked mobo :D maybe nex weekedn ill try to take everything apart and maybe connect those fans differently and see if it will make any difference
New BIOS works for me fine. Don't know about 2nd gen Ryzen but now I can do CCX overclocking thru BIOS and control max boost. Most manufacturers label those versions as Beta to encourage people to buy new boards. BTW, there was also 5809 BIOS with AGESA 1080, 5821 has AGESA 1190 that supposedly helps a lot with memory.
Apr 9, 2020
corsair cs750M wich is about 6 years old...many people on FB said it could be PSU, but i just dont get why only fan headers would go off and just randomly?today it ran for 10hours straight, and then after i was tabbing in and out of a game they went off, first 2 case fans, and the cpu fan started to spin slowly so my temps went up...i cleared CMOS this morning hoping for the best...but yea...

Apr 9, 2020
Try uninstalling Ai Suite and see if it still does it.
Get rid of AiSuite, it's trouble in the making, Reset CMOS and set fan curves in the BIOS to some acceptable values.
i allready uninstalled aisuite and even reinstalled windows, still happens...cmos is reseted, bios set to default

im not an expert or anything, but if the PSU was faulty, wouldnt i get some other errors faults also?i really dont wanna spend like 150bucks for a decent psu just to figure out later same thing is happening :D

ow and one more thing, i wanted to set the speeds in the SPEEDFAN app, but even in the app, i cant ascess any of my fans, like they would not be recognised???
Speedfan has been dead for new-ish systems long time ago. They never updated it.
PSU doesn't have anything to do with fans, all voltages are regulated by VRM, besides if PSU was bad or inadequate you'd have much worse problems than fans.
Why don't you set fan curves yourself in BIOS ? Depending on cooler you have you may want to set curve to start faster at beginning and max rpm to a bit bellow 70c. Some fans have trouble running under 7-9v.
Btw, what exact MB, cooler and CPU ?

Apr 9, 2020
Speedfan has been dead for new-ish systems long time ago. They never updated it.
PSU doesn't have anything to do with fans, all voltages are regulated by VRM, besides if PSU was bad or inadequate you'd have much worse problems than fans.
Why don't you set fan curves yourself in BIOS ? Depending on cooler you have you may want to set curve to start faster at beginning and max rpm to a bit bellow 70c. Some fans have trouble running under 7-9v.
Btw, what exact MB, cooler and CPU ?

Asus PRime x.470 PRO, ryzen 2700x with stock wratih prism cooler, and 4 case fans,what bother is is those totaly random stops, (yesterday it was fine for about 10 hours,and in the evening i had to do a restart, but sometimes it happens like 30min after turning my pc on) lets say 1st 1 or 2 fans go of, then another 2 and at the edn even CPU fan, and this all started after i was playing with bios curves and ai suite, and after reseting bios, reinstalling windows the problem wont go away...

i founded one time a forum thread, that monitoring software could cause this, i am using MSI afterburner to monitor my temps so i can have them dispalyed on my SIMHUB software, but even with that off its the same, i know i have looots of stuf pluged into my PC but like u said, if the PSU was bad i think i would have more serious issues.

Asus PRime x.470 PRO, ryzen 2700x with stock wratih prism cooler, and 4 case fans,what bother is is those totaly random stops, (yesterday it was fine for about 10 hours,and in the evening i had to do a restart, but sometimes it happens like 30min after turning my pc on) lets say 1st 1 or 2 fans go of, then another 2 and at the edn even CPU fan, and this all started after i was playing with bios curves and ai suite, and after reseting bios, reinstalling windows the problem wont go away...

i founded one time a forum thread, that monitoring software could cause this, i am using MSI afterburner to monitor my temps so i can have them dispalyed on my SIMHUB software, but even with that off its the same, i know i have looots of stuf pluged into my PC but like u said, if the PSU was bad i think i would have more serious issues.
I haven't experienced it but I heard that some faulty sensor can cause those troubles. One or two that I know of had to RMA Mbs. and got fixed ones. Some other instances when BIOS version was problem, another thing you can try. BIOS 5821 was just released and I updated to it and works fine.

Apr 9, 2020
I haven't experienced it but I heard that some faulty sensor can cause those troubles. One or two that I know of had to RMA Mbs. and got fixed ones. Some other instances when BIOS version was problem, another thing you can try. BIOS 5821 was just released and I updated to it and works fine.
ow i see theres a new update, but are those beta safe to try?i dont wanna be stuck with a bricked mobo :D maybe nex weekedn ill try to take everything apart and maybe connect those fans differently and see if it will make any difference

New BIOS works for me fine. Don't know about 2nd gen Ryzen but now I can do CCX overclocking thru BIOS and control max boost. Most manufacturers label those versions as Beta to encourage people to buy new boards. BTW, there was also 5809 BIOS with AGESA 1080, 5821 has AGESA 1190 that supposedly helps a lot with memory.

Solution