Asus x470-f mobo control panel issue, mobo lights up but no boot.

Dec 2, 2018
I have a x470-f mobo control panel issue I believe. My psu and other stuff isn't the problem as I tried those with other pc build and the pc boots. I tested this with the bare bones (cpu, psu,mobo, fan) The manual tells me this for the control panel: (image credit --> raisonjohn)

/url]https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/f/1/b/5/e8796cb33bd62a0da7a5d42624cdc19c2401.pdf

[o][o][o][o][x][o][o][o][o][o] [1][2][3][4][x][o][o][o][o][o] (speaker plugins to the right of 4)
[o][o][o][o][o][o][x][o][x][o] [o][o][o][o][o][o][x][o][x][o]
* where: o = pins; x = no pin

Manual states most top left corner are front panel LED + (1) and - (2), and the next one (3 from top left corner) is the power-sw and (4) ground. Now when i tried that, my pc doesn't boot and no LED on front panel. I eventually tried the front panel LED+ and LED- on (3) and (4) and the LED on the front panel works. Not sure what to do with the power-sw connector since it doesn't seem to work on the other pins. Do you think the mobo control panel was improperly produced or could there be other issues to why pc won't boot.

If you think there is a solution, please let me hear it :)

Dec 2, 2018

CPU is ryzen 5 2600x, the thing is, the front panel led only lights up on the pins which the manual states as power sw and ground

Dec 2, 2018

Tried the screw driver technique, no fans, nothing operated. Tried the motherboard on my brother's working computer case with his power-sw pins and psu, nothing happen too.

Really thinking the control panel pins were just install incorrectly (what are the chances), since the LED + and LED - only works in the spot designated for the power-sw. And because of that, i'm thinking the power-sw pins were never linked up in the mobo electrical design. Is it possible for the LED+ and :LED- to work on other pins? (it doesn't work on the manual designated pins)