Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I have just completed a new PC build comprising of new parts:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Mobo
ASUS GTX 1060 3GB OC Graphics Card
Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2666C16 Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4 x 16GB) RAM
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W PSU

.. and i have been adding some parts from old build. Everything has been fine til I installed the AverMedia CE310B Capture Card, then something strange happend to the boot sequence. Instead of the usual POST mobo light sequence (Yellow - Red - White - Green), with the card installed, the boot starts on Yellow as normal for a few secs ... but the pc goes off for about 3 seconds before restarting (by itself) with the sequence Yellow-Red-Yellow-Red-White-Green and then it boots up normally. There are no issues with the card under Device Manager or with anything else once its up, it just seems to stutter on boot-up. I did notice however this happens only with a cold boot (i.e the PSU switched off). If i do a subsequent warm re-boot it seems to boot normally with the card. Was wondering whether this is normal or is there some issue I should be addressing. I do have vidoes of the boot up with the card not present and present if anybody wants to see them.

Lutfij

Titan
It's been stated by some board makers that then you first power up the board, that initially feeds charge to the board's capacitors and VRM. The next time the system bootsup(after a short shutdown is when the boards caps are charged. EVGA are one such folk who have stated that when asked why the board boots twice before going into OSes GUI. Jayz2Cents also confirmed it after contacting EVGA support.

Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

orlando sharvis

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hi there, thans for your reply. My BIOS was nearly a year old when i checked it, so i upgraded, but still seem to have the problem.

From your reply i understand it maybe a PSU thing? Still unsure why only adding the AverMedie capture card to the setup causes it ...