Question Asus X470-Pro SATA RAID

Dec 23, 2019
I recently build a Ryzen PC using the Asus X470-Pro motherboard. It's my understanding that you can have either M2 RAID or SATA RAID. I'm running a single 1TB NVME M2 boot drive and have 5 6TB spinning SATA disks that I'd like to RAID. I tried installing drivers from ASUS's site only to be left with this prompt: "System configuration is not compatible for RAID drivers or applications installation".

Has anyone successfully configured this? Am I just missing a driver or BIOS settings?

SATA Configuration:

SATA Mode
This item allows you to set the SATA configuration.

[AHCI] Set to [AHCI] when you want the SATA hard disk drives to use the AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface). The AHCI allows the onboard storage driver to enable advanced Serial ATA features that increases storage performance on random workloads by allowing the drive to internally optimize the order of commands.

[RAID] Set to [RAID] when you want to create a RAID configuration from the SATA hard disk drives.

NVMe RAID mode
This item allows you enable or disable the NVMe RAID mode. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]