[SOLVED] ASUS X470F Bios problem, boot failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2019
Hey All,

My setup with my concern on is the following:

// latest AGESA/Bios (5007)
MB: ASUS ROG Strix X-470-F Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4,1 GHz (VDDCR : 1,505)
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 HyperX Predator @ 3200 MHz DOCP mode
VGA: ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1060 6GB O6G @ OC freq.
SSD(primary): Samsung 250 GB 970 Evo Pro M.2 VNAND PCI NVMe SSD
HDD1: WD Gold 2TB 128 MCH
HDD2: WD Black 4TB 256 MCH
PSU: Corsair 750W TX750M
AIO: NZXT Kraken X62
CASE: CoolerMaster Mastercase H500P Mesh
DP: ASUS PG279Q 27" WQHD @ 144 Hz
PERS: Razer Deathadder Elite & Razer Cynosa Pro
HS: XTRFY H1

I've got a quite serious issue with my BIOS I guess.
I have an ASUS X470-F Gaming MB, that has run perfectly so far with the BIOS v. of: 5007, as mentioned above. But... as been expecting my new Ryzen 3900X CPU - in order to kept being my system up to date as kinda preparing I've downloaded the latest BIOS / Agesa (5204) - (
Update AGESA 1.0.0.3 Patch AB to improve compatibility ) - this is from the official supporting page, and firstly I've tried to flash my previous BIOS (5007) via the EZ Flash, but it didn't work.
After it I've downloaded the latest Chipset driver, and the latest util driver as well (EZ Update v3.00.11), and with it, I was able to be starting the flashing, directly from it @ WIN10 X64 (1903).

As its usually going, for the very first time I've got the particular black screen, and after it the PC has restarted itself for a several times then it get crashed, and finally I got a black screen with which I could do nothing.
It was like when the system had been 'frozen' - had having no interact or reaction to any of trying.

So I just started the typical BIOS problem solving methods , but none of them worked at all.

FYI: Once I’ve already had a similar issue but thats been managed to solve via replacing mem modules each by each. In that case I got the same alerts and orange / white lights like its gonna be written below..

I thought do the same again, starting with memory sticks.. So I have already replaced the memories, tried it in each slots as a single too, as well as have tried a multiple times a dual ones as well, each by each piece again. Then replaced the VGA card, took out and replaced the MOBO's battery but unfortunately neither of these methods have worked and did not solve my problem.

At this point I was quite unsure about what to do now...? But I had no doubt at all, the last ace will help me out... (I was wrong) So... as the last one , I've tried the final solution - the CMOS clearing with the usual CLRTTC method , and to make one sure - yes, I’ve already read a hundred times the manual and I know this process. But having done this I was quite unhappy and disrupted when I've experienced that, even this did not help.

My MOBO's having leds that are showing in which particular part of the MOBO could the problem have, and firstly it has been flashed orange - which is the typical memory / DRAM slot issue,
and after replacing all the DDRs it has turned to white - which means VGA issue... But both my VGA and Memories working well , which has turned out when I've tried to make them in another PC.

Anybody does have any of idea what to do furthermore? :(
I got an only and last one - What about downloading a .cap BIOS flashing file and trying to start the system directly with that ? Does it make any sense ?

Just to let you know and being fully clear: I'm gonna change my CPU , and VGA in 10 days, I've bought a Ryzen 3900X and an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti.

In your opinions, is this worth at all, to make this procedure until the changing ?
Coz' I've read in many topics that the new Ryzen 3000 series having a quite similar issue with BIOS / MOBOS, so I'm totally confused about to know whether the risk worth taking or not...

Thank you for reading and looking forward to hearing from you.

Roland

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019
You should NOT have flashed any BIOS newer than Version 4207 if you are using a 1000 or 2000 series CPU.
All the BIOS versions newer than that are for 3000 series CPUs and DO NOT work well with a 1000 or 2000 CPU.

You could downgrade your BIOS using this method:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...-in-DOS-with-USB-tutorial-Intel-AMD-roll-back

Thanks a lot for the information!

You’re right, it was not a smart decision, but very important to mention a fact: this setup has worked VERY WELL even with BIOS V. 5007.
Perfectly and with none of errors or frozing as it really should be working. In my understanding its not too obvius that the reason was the BIOS I have kept updated constantly since Nov., last year.

I’ve tried, followed by step-by-step based on the description / video, downloaded the 4207 .cap file, made the pendrive, but my concern was real. Downgrading the BIOS, in terms of using like in this method, is working only if your BIOS screen pops up. In my case , even the BIOS screen doesn’t pop up :(

So what could be a possibility in case like this in your opinion?
For me, the really scary fact is that even the CMOS clear doesn’t work... what to do ? Should I be waiting for the new CPU? And if having installed, what could I expect for ? As the system collapsed meanwhile the BIOS update was ongoing, I don’t know even that, which version of the BIOS do I surely have on my MB...

I know I’m repeating myself, but what should I really do and what to be expecting at all if the thoughest method - CMOS - doesn’t help?

All the components work well as each, so if it would turn out that the update has caused the crash and should be replaced any of them, how would I prove it at all ?

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

Aug 2, 2019
Anyway I’ve never seen like this before, even my keyboard’s light don’t flash. Its “off” (but why?), so I don’t have a chance to hit any of DEL / F2 buttons..

Aug 7, 2019
Anyway I’ve never seen like this before, even my keyboard’s light don’t flash. Its “off” (but why?), so I don’t have a chance to hit any of DEL / F2 buttons..

Bios recovery is through your motherboard DVD apparently it should go into bios recovery mode if not a new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.