Question ASUS X550ZE - card reader not working / disappeared

Nov 7, 2020
Hi All,
I can no longer view any files in my laptops built in multi - card reader. I only noticed the issue during the last week or so as my Samsung Galaxy S9 was coming up with a SD card error. Tried several fixes that didn't work so decided to then try runnung CHKDSK on my laptop. That's when I noticed there were no pop ups once I inserted the card and the card reader drive has just disappeared from file explorer. I believe this may be due to a windows 10 update at some stage but as I've not tried to use this function for at least 18 months I have no idea when it happened. I've tried the same card in my daughters laptop and her laptop read it ok and I was able to fix the error but I want to know how do I resurrect this function and drive on my laptop? The card is now working fine in my phone again and I have used this card in my laptop previously so I know it's not an issue with the card. I've also tried reading another card in my laptop and get no response or pop ups. I went on to ASUS downloads and installed the BIOS flash driver, rebooted but still no success. My latop runs windows 10, 64 bit version. My knowledge on computing is very limited so any help or suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS