ASUS X551CA stuck at windows 8.1 logo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaysy

Reputable
May 8, 2015
hi, i am having a problem with Asus X551ca laptop which is stuck at windows 8.1 start screen and never goes ahead. boots into bios fine detects hard disk ram usb fine.
i ve tried replacing hard disk, ram, Cmos battery and updated BIOS version to the latest via easy flash but no luck.
it is not installing new windows too, boots from USB fine, starts installation as soon as reaches windows logo screen it gets stuck for life again.
Tried running windows XP live disk but that too gets stuck at windows logo.
Any help would be hugely appreciated. Regards

UPDATE:
latest update is i tried installing UBUNTU on the machine and it is working flawlessly. after using ubuntu i tried reverting back to windows and this time Windows 7, it loaded the installation files but when "starting Windows" screen appeared it got stuck again.

Solution
Hello qaysy

Since you are able to install UBUNTU, the hard drive seems to be fine. However there might be some issue with the file system. If possible, you would want to:

> Remove all the partitions of the drive and keep it unallocated. (Make sure that you back up all your data before deleting the partitions.)

> Insert the installation disc.

> Create only one partition.

> Try installing Windows on the partition.

If the Windows installs successfully, you can create more partitions out of the unallocated hard drive space using the Disk Management utility from within the Windows itself.

Let me know if further assistance is needed. Good Luck!!

qaysy

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Thanks Vivek for ur reply.
as i mentioned in my query i am unable to install windows, installation process gets stuck at initial Windows logo screen it does not reach the partition stage. but the idea of erasing partitions and using disk as RAW was worth a try and i tried implementing it through bootable programs and live Windows disks but that too did not work, again the Linux based live disk booted the computer and it made erasing partitions possible, the concern is why it is not running any sort of windows disk and programs and why it is able to run all sort of linux based programs and OS...

Hello again qaysy

The possible reason could be the file system of the hard drive as I mentioned before but since you erased all the partitions and recreated them, the issue shouldn't be there.

Also, since you can successfully install Linux operating systems, the problem couldn't be of the bad sectors either.

If possible, can you try the DISKPART command to remove the partitions, recreate them, and then try the full-format (thorough format)? I know it sounds weird but sometimes this resolves the issue.

If the above approach fail to resolve the problem, you can:

> Remove all the partitions of the hard drive.

> Use Partition Magic's bootable CD.

> Create a primary partition from the 'End of Unallocated Space' as given here.

> Then try installing Windows on the primary partition.

Let me know if any of the above approaches work for you. :) Good Luck!!

qaysy

Reputable
May 8, 2015

:( still no luck. Even tried windows 98 painfully slow method of Fdisk but not an iota of difference. Windows 8.1 installation gets stuck at very first screen and windows xp and 7 installation gets stuck after loading files successfully. I think it's not HDD problem. There might be something else.

Hello again qaysy

I think it's now time to pull the hard disk out, insert it in another laptop, and try installing the operating system there. If the OS gets installed successfully, the problem might be with the processor of your laptop.

In this situation, you can continue installing the OS on the hard drive, and once it is installed, connect it back to your laptop, let Windows detect the new hardware (of your laptop), install drivers and use the computer as long as you can before it is extremely essential to replace the hardware.

On the other hand, if you are still unable to install the OS on your hard disk when it is in the other laptop, the hard disk drive is faulty and you may want to claim its warranty. If the hard disk is out of warranty, you may need to buy a new one.

Let me know if this approach works. :)

qaysy

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Same Result

Hello gaysy

Can you please elaborate what actually did you do and what appeared on the screen?

My point is, if you used the hard disk drive in another computer, tried to install the OS, and got stuck with the logo again, the HDD may have issues and needs to be replaced.

Good Luck!! :)

Solution

qaysy

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Actually i managed another Dell Inspiron 100% working laptop, pulled its HDD out Plugged it to Asus, Powered it on and it got stuck at same position, tried new installation, same result. Plugged Asus HDD in Dell and it is working fine.

Hello qaysy

I am glad that now we are almost sure that the hard disk drive is faulty. If possible, you can cross-check this by connecting the HDD of your Dell Inspiron to your Asus laptop and installing Windows 8.1. I am sure you will be able to install Windows 8.1 on the newly attached HDD..

Once this is confirmed, you can go ahead and claim the warranty of the hard drive (if it is under warranty). If the case is otherwise, you can get a new hard disk from any online store or a retail shop in your local market.

Good Luck!! :)

qaysy

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.